I recently received a hug box of awesome Mod Podge products from Plaid and I have been on a Mod Podge high thinking of all the cool things I can create! I have really been enjoying the “podgeable shapes” and I used them to make these easy and fun reversible necklaces!
Mod Podge (I happened to use super gloss but it doesn’t matter what kind)
Podgeable shapes (circle and oval pendant shapes)
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic- silver glitter
Bird print-outs (I designed these on Photoshop)
chain for necklace
1. Cut out the bird print-outs to fit the pendants (you can trace the pendant to get the correct shape)
2. Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on the pendant and stick the print-out to it, so the print-out shows through the pendant. Let it dry.
3. Trace the pendant onto the scrapbook paper, cut out the shape, and use a thin layer of Mod-Podge to adhere it to the back of the pendant with the print-side facing out.
4. Once the Mod Podge is dry, spread a layer of the Dimensional Magic on top of the scrapbook paper.
5. Let it dry overnight… I always have to hide them while they dry so nobody will touch them!
*notice that I put enough Dimensional Magic for it to make a dome on top of the paper*
*make sure there are no bubbles and if you see some you can use the applicator to suck them up*
6. Put the pendants on chains and they are ready to go! I used small wire loops to attach them to the necklaces.
I chose the bird design for these necklaces because I’m announcing that I have done something that I thought I would never do… I got a TWITTER account! I thought it would be a good way to keep up with my bloggy buddies and to help people to follow along with Cheap Crafty Mama!
I’m going to be giving away these 2 bird necklaces to 2 of my new Twitter followers!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You might also like:
Loopy Turquoise Earrings